For the last Un-Official Day of Summer, here is just one more bacon potato salad recipe. This one tops the cake!
3 bottles Samuel Adams Boston Lager
3 pounds baby potatoes
1 package bacon
1/2 red onion, diced
Half head celery, diced
1 bunch scallions
1/4 bunch dill
16 ounces mayonnaise
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
3 dashes red wine vinegar
1. Bring a large pot of Samuel Adams Boston Lager to a boil. Add the potatoes, and boil in beer for about 15 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and let cool. Set aside.
2. Bring a large pot of water to boil, and hard boil the eggs for about 12 minutes. Let eggs cool.
3. In a large sheet pan, cook the bacon at 375 degrees until crispy, and then dice. Set aside.
4. Once eggs are cool, peel and chop.
5. In a large bowl, mix diced red onion, 1 bunch finely sliced scallions, diced celery, diced bacon, chopped eggs, and dill.
6. Once potatoes are cool, add to bowl of ingredients and smash together so they are half mashed.
7. Add all wet ingredients, salt and pepper and mix well. Add about a tablespoon of the bacon grease for a little added flavor.
thank you: http://www.newsday.com/lifestyle/food-and-recipes/beer-and-bacon-potato-salad-1.5966819