Have you ever imagined how it would taste to combine two delicious but very different foods in one recipe? In this unique sweet and savory treat, crispy candied bacon is enveloped in fluffy cotton candy to create a mouth-watering duo of flavor and texture.
Candied Bacon: Recipe:
1 lb sliced bacon
1 cup packed brown sugar or white sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (176 C). Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil, then place an oven-safe wire rack on top of the pan. Spray the rack liberally with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Take a strip of bacon and press it into the sugar, then turn it over and coat the other side with sugar. Place it on the wire rack, then repeat until all of the slices of bacon are covered with sugar on both sides.
3. If you have any remaining sugar, sprinkle it over the top of the bacon.
4. Bake the bacon in your preheated oven for 20-30 minutes. When it is done, it will be firm and crispy and dark along the edges.
5. Soon after you take it out of the oven, use a spatula to lift the bacon off the rack—sometimes the sugar and fat cause the bacon to stick, and if it's not removed when it is still warm, it's difficult to get off of the rack.
6. After the bacon is candied and cool, you can wrap pre-packaged cotton candy around the Bacon (so, the candied bacon becomes the "stick"!).
Photo courtesy of: http://denver-weddings.blogspot.com/2012/03/wedding-design-cotton-candy-wedding.html