Simple…check. Quick…check. Tasty….oh, you know it!
We present these sweet, sour & salty Bacon Wrapped Cherries!
2 packages of Thick sliced bacon
About 32 cherries
1/4 cup honey
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
about 7 BBQ Skewers
1. Slice bacon strips in half
2. Gently wrap half-strip of bacon around the cherry starting with the cut edge first.
3. Place skewer in the end of the bacon strip, through the center of the cherry, and out the other side.
4. Repeat this process until each skewer has 5 or 6 wrapped cherries on it.
5. Mix honey, cinnamon, & brown sugar in small container and set aside
Note: These babies cook super fast so be on your toes.
1. Place skewers on grill and cook thoroughly on one side.about 2 minutes.
2. Flip cherries and baste tops completely with the honey mixture. I use garden gloves to turn the skewers (VERY HOT!)
3. By the time you are done with step 2, the bottom sides should be just about ready to flip and baste with honey mixture.
4. After basting, let cook for another minute or so. be careful not to burn them though.
5. Serve hot off the grill and watch them disappear
Photo & recipe courtesy of: http://thedailybacon.com/2012/08/16/better-with-bacon-bacon-wrapped-cherries/