Celebrate National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day, with this awesome recipe. Yep! Chopped Candied Bacon adds little nuggets of savory sweetness to a classic chocolate chip cookie. I like the richness of dark chocolate chips, but semisweet or milk chocolate would be just as delicious. Bacon? In a cookie? Prepare to have your mind blown.
FOR THE CANDIED BACON:
1 lb Center-cut Bacon
½ cups Brown Sugar
FOR THE COOKIES:
2-¼ cups All-purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Butter, Softened
¾ cups Granulated Sugar
¾ cups Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 whole Large Eggs
1-½ cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chip Cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Place bacon in a single layer on a foil-lined sheet. Sprinkle brown sugar on top of the bacon strips. Bake for 18-25 minutes or until crispy, making sure to turn the bacon over after 10 minutes. Feel free to dunk and drag it through the delicious juiciness that’s collected on the foil.
3. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack for cooling. Once bacon has cooled, chop it finely.
4. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in bacon and chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoonful's onto ungreased baking sheets.
6. Bake at 350ºF for 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
recipe from: http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/desserts/candied-bacon-chocolate-chip-cookies/