Did you know that today is National Almond Butter Crunch Day? Well, we did.
I was searching like crazy for a recipe to make today with BACON of course, and I found it! This is the BEST! Chocolate Bacon Almond Butter Bananas!
6 strips of bacon, cooked crispy (or more to taste)
1/2 cup almond butter
1 cup enjoy life chocolate chips or dark chocolate
cinnamon to sprinkle
1. – peel bananas
2. – cut each banana into thirds, and then cut each third in half lengthwise to make banana slices
3. – lay out your banana slices, add almond butter to both slices and then lay a slice of bacon on each slice
4. – put the 2 banana halves together to make a sandwich and set on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet to freeze
5. – continue this until all of your bananas are made into sandwiches with almond butter and bacon in the middle
6. – transfer to a freezer and let sit for at least 30 min
7. – when you’re ready, place your chocolate chips in a double boiler and temper your chocolate until it is melted
9. – remove your bananas from the freezer and dip each one in your melted chocolate and return them to your cookie sheet
10. – sprinkle them all with cinnamon and then return to the freezer
11. – keep frozen until ready to serve.
thanks to: http://relaxattranquilityblog.wordpress.com/2013/02/22/chocolate-bacon-almond-butter-bananas/