Today is National Grilled Cheese Day and this Deep fried Bacon Grilled Cheese takes grilled cheese (and Bacon) to the next level!
Healthy, no….delicious, YES!! Trust me -- take the chance at clogging those arteries for this one!
(for one sandwich)
--2 slices of bread
--2 slices of sliced cheese
--butter or margarine
--As much sliced Bacon as you can handle (cooked)
--2 eggs whisked in a bowl
1. Spread your butter on one side of each slice of bread.
2. Add your cheese to the buttered side -- one slice per side.
3. Take your cooked bacon and arrange it beautifully on each cheese side.
4. After you have everything on it, put your sandwich together.
5. Carefully dip your entire sandwich in the egg batter.
6. Place your sandwich in your heated oil. I heated mine at a lower temp so the cheese could melt and get gooey while the outside browned and cooked. I would say about 275F.
7. When it is browned to your satisfaction, take it out and place on a plate with a paper towel to soak up some of the left over oil.
Photo & recipe shared from: http://thismamashops.blogspot.com/2012/08/deep-fried-grilled-cheese-and-bacon.html