Today is National Peanut Butter Cookie Day! Celebrate by making this recipe where peanut butter, chocolate and BACON join forces to make this sweet and salty dessert that will keep your peeps asking for MORE!
Unsalted butter 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (at room temperature)
Peanut butter 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Granulated sugar 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Dark brown sugar 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Vanilla extract 1⁄2 Teaspoon
Eggs 1 Large
All purpose flour 1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)
Table salt 1⁄2 Teaspoon
Chocolate chips 1 Cup (16 tbs)
Bacon strips (amount to your preference) fried and crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar.
3. While the mixer is still running add vanilla, egg, and peanut butter in it. Beat for about 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
4. In another bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix well.
5. Add flour mixture into peanut butter mixture. Mix well.
6. Drop chocolate chips and fold to spread evenly.
7. Using a tablespoon, scoop dough and roll into balls.
8. On an ungreased baking sheet place the dough balls, about 2- inch apart.
9. Squish with a fork.
10. Sprinkle bacon over top of each cookie and squish again.
11. Pop the baking sheet in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or to desired doneness. Remove from oven and let it cool in baking sheet for 5 minutes.
12. Transfer it to wire rack and let it cool completely.
Photo & recipe courtesy of: http://www.ifood.tv/recipe/peanut-butter-and-bacon-cookies#iOC3RWa25oyYGR6v.99