To be honest, I have never had too much respect for lima beans in general, but adding bacon certainly adds some respect! Try these Lima Beans with Bacon:
1 lb of bacon (only a lb or more will earn my respect:)
1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
20 oz. frozen lima beans (thawed)
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1. Preheat the skillet over medium. Cut the 3 pieces of bacon in half, creating 6 shorter pieces of bacon.
2. Add the bacon to the preheated pan. Brown, then remove with tongs and allow to drain on the plate covered with paper towels.
3. Add the diced onion to the pan and cook until tender and translucent.
4. Add the lima beans and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes.
5. Crumble the bacon and add it to the lima bean mixture. Add the red wine sherry. Stir to blend. Serve 4.
Photo & recipe shared with respect from: http://proverbsthirtyonewoman.blogspot.com/2012/01/lima-beans-with-bacon.html#.UXGQ5mhI5cQ