Today is National Homemade Bread Day. I love Bacon, and I love bread. I found this recipe, and am going to make it for the game today. I can not believe it only calls for five ingredients. It's the perfect item to bake for an informal get-together.
• Bacon strips, diced
• 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
• 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
• 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
• 1 envelope (1 ounce) ranch salad dressing mix
1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat for 5 minutes or until partially cooked; drain on paper towels.
2. Roll out dough to 1/2-in. thickness; brush with 1 tablespoon of oil. Cut into 1-in. pieces; place in a large bowl. Add the bacon, cheese, dressing mix and remaining oil; toss to coat.
3. Arrange pieces in a 9-in. x 5-in. oval on a greased baking sheet, layering as needed. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled.
4. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Cover with foil; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 1 loaf.
thank you: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/pull-apart-bacon-bread